I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com for easy granola bars, and it is definitely the simplest granola bar recipe I have come across. I have not tried this recipe yet, but there’s nothing not super yummy in them so I’m sure they’re good. Thanks to Aliceyn Fokuhl for posting this recipe on the website originally!
These are a great mix of protein, carbs and some fat-but like any granola bar, be careful with portion sizes!! They are perfect if you or your kids do before or after school/work activities!
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sweetened condensed milk, butter, coconut, almonds, chocolate chips and cranberries with your hands until well blended. Press flat into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, depending on how crunchy you want them. Lightly browned just around the edges will give you moist, chewy bars. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares then let cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 179 | Total Fat: 8.1g | Cholesterol: 8mg